Monday, September 01, 2008

A Wedding Can Be Chaotic OR It Can Be A Peaceful And Joyful Experience...

The Very Wonderful Jason and Jennie Melton!
August 3, 2008, The Edgewater Hotel
** beautiful photo by www.redfishphoto.com and Scott & Jennifer Matsuda

LABOR DAY WEDDING WEEKEND IS OVER - Now, I can breathe. Over the years, I find more couples are being married on "holiday weekends," to take advantage of the extra days for guest travel and time with family and friends.

This past weekend, I had marvelous weddings - weddings which were peaceful, oganized and at ease and two in particular that were chaotic, unorganized and frenetic. In one case, when I arrived Sunday evening at 6:30 p.m. for the 7:30 p.m. ceremony, I found a reception room still being set-up, flowers were waiting in boxes to be made into complex centerpieces and the wedding party was spread all over a venue complex, making things extra difficult to pull the event together.

Being the organizer that I am, I got to work on setting up the tables and place settings for this lovely couple because I just couldn't stand to the side and "watch things." In the end, everything went off beautifully - AND - it could have been easier.

What is the key to a peaceful wedding day? Recognizing that weddings "just don't happen" or "magically come together." Consider investing in the talents of a day-of wedding coordinator or engage two or three friends (not family) who will take specific planning parts of the day so the bride/groom and family can fully experience the day's moments.

No comments: