Thursday, April 16, 2009

3 Things You Might Not Know About Me, Your Wedding Officiant...

Congratulations to Brian & Suzanne!
Kiana Lodge, Poulsbo, WA

In this work that I do, I have laughed, cried, worried, obsessed and had some of the most marvelous moments of my life. Creating and delivering a personalized wedding ceremony - no matter how many people, no matter the location or how simple or complex a ceremony - is a delicate art. It involves the creative process, grand and complex emotion, a couple's unique story and a couple's "tribe/family."
**********
And so, over the years, here is what is true about me that you may not know:
1) On occasion (once or twice a year), I mess things up within a ceremony. I fall back on the "nobody's perfect" medicine to help me feel better and a mistake still hurts.
2) I often worry about traffic snafus in the Summer season and arrive on-site often way too early. Truth? I wish I could relax around traffic. Probably not happening in this lifetime. So, I drink alot of tea or diet Snapple (peach tea!) while waiting...
3) And several times during the year because I work heavy weekends, I miss wonderful weekend events with family and friends. I'll confide to my husband, "this working weekend thing is really hard sometimes," and feel melancholy that I'm missing some personal fun. Yes, it's true. I love to play AND I wouldn't give up this work right now for anything.

No comments: