Monday, January 04, 2010

Forget The Perfect Wedding Ceremony - Let's Go For Synchronicity And Those "Unexpected Moments!

"An Unexpected & Sweet Ceremony Moment"
Diane & Fred


I'm fond of saying a wedding ceremony is a "one time shot." This is "Officiant speak" for the gentle tension I always feel going into a ceremony knowing I have "one shot" to get things right - meaning I can't give you a gift certificate for a "do over!"

And what I absolutely treasure about a ceremony is the synchronicity that seems to follow each couple I work with - i.e., the "unexpected moments."

During Fred and Diane's wedding ceremony, there were several including this shot captured by Joe and Jill (
http://www.joejill.com/) that reflects Diane's joyful devotion to the handsome guy in front of her who was so enjoying their ceremony!

So, bring on those unexpected moments. Forget the "perfect wedding ceremony" - the wedding ceremony where everything is orchestrated and "perfect." I much prefer an enjoyable ceremony that is comfortable, real, romantic and with a dash of the unexpected!

No comments: