Sunday, March 14, 2010

FAQ To Annemarie "Why Do You Do This Work?" And The Answers Are....

Why do I do this work? It's interesting to me how often I am asked this question.

So, just for fun, here are a few answers:

~ I do this work because it keeps me humble. I am wildly curious about love - what brings a couple together, why two people are committing for life. And in this work, I get a front row seat to love and am grateful for each and every opportunity.

~ Because this work grows me. This work pushes me to work at a 'perfume' level - most of the time, I get there. On occasion, I don't. With each year of doing this work, I grow and "buff up" as an Officiant and Celebrant even more...

~ Because sometimes this work scares me. Yes, scares me. Weddings are big/huge. I take this work on as "big/huge." I am better at this work because I always feel the tension of a wedding - the gentle tension that I've got one shot to get things right. This tension works to makes me a better Celebrant and Officiant. And sometimes, the work is tough. Mostly, it is truly remarkable in all ways.

~ Mostly, I do this work because it's a perfect storm of my heart, talent, curiosity and just because it's darn fun!

Photo: Doug and Luanna right after their wedding on February 28th - The Willows Lodge!

No comments: