Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tricks From An Officiant's Goodie Bag ~ Three Best Suggestions For An Elegant Wedding Ceremony...

In this work that I do, every couple I work with has a different vision for their wedding day.

So, indulge me while I take a minute or so so share a few of my hard-learned tips to creating a more elegant wedding ceremony:

1) Give Your Guests A Job ~ Before your ceremony begins or before pronouncement, have your Officiant/Minister tell your family and friends what is "going to happen next." This way, guests know what to do immediately after a ceremony and this creates a more elegant transition from ceremony to party/reception.

2) My Half-Hour Suggestion ~ If your wedding ceremony is starting at 6:00 p.m., put 5:30 p.m. on the invites. This "fudge time" allows for a little extra time for a bride/groom and wedding party and also creates a more easy and elegant welcoming for family and friends.

3) Put your Intention On Creating An Imperfect Wedding Day ~ Perfect Wedding days are "perfect' because they are imperfect. This is the paradox of a wedding day. Focus on the key ingredients of a beautiful wedding day: love, appreciation, gratitude, anticipation and peace. I love and treasure the imperfect moments of a wedding ceremony as they are spontaneous, often fun and joyful and handled with ease and care, they creates lifetime moments.

No comments: