Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Hidden Life Of A Wedding Officiant ~ Congrats To My 2010 Class of Celebrants/Officiants!

Each Fall, I lead an 8-week intensive program with a dozen Wedding Celebrants & Officiants from all around our Country.

And tonight, as I write this blog, I'm about to lead our last class/program and am so very inspired with the caliber and heart of all that is a "Wedding Officiant/Celebrant."

In this work that I do, it's illuminating to me to really understand the heart and drive of a passionate Officiant/Celebrant ~ one that is fully committed to providing services to an engaged couple at the "perfume level."

As I finish with this group of 12 outstanding Wedding Officiants/Celebrants, I offer this insight into a heart of an Officiant:

~ The best Officiants are passionate about what they do. They are grateful for the opportunity to create and officiate ceremony and everything they do is about a couple and their wedding day.

~ The best Officiants truly freak out once or twice a year. This work can be intense and very personal and we're not perfect. We fall down. We screw up. We forget something. The best Officiants freak out and get over it - or if they mess up, they make it right. Always.

~ The best Officiants know a wedding ceremony is not about them. While a big focus of a ceremony is on an Officiant, the true focus is the couple. And a great Officiant works to showcase a couple and their people/tribe!

1 comment:

Jessie Blum @ Eclectic Unions said...

What a great post, Annemarie! Congrats to your graduates!!