Friday, November 05, 2010

Life Is All About Change - Missing Our Beloved Dog Huckleberry And What I Learned From "Huckie" About Weddings...

We have unexpectedly lost our beloved Cocker Spaniel ~ the most Handsome Huckleberry ~ to a fast growing tumor in his abdomen.

Greg and I rescued Huckleberry 3 1/2 years ago from a life of abuse and neglect and we loved this sweet little gentleman so very much.

Huckleberry was kind. He endured a life of neglect for many years and yet he saw the world with loving eyes and a huge heart.

Huckleberry would most often rest on his bed near my desk as I would work. Sometimes I would ask Huckie for a little inspiration while writing a ceremony. Most often, he snoozed through my questioning and today, missing Huckleberry, I offer these three wedding nuggets which remind me of Huckleberry.

~ When it comes to a wedding, lead with kindness and gratitude and on a wedding day, live in the moment with happiness. Guests often take their cue from a couple ~ family and friends love a ceremony and celebration oozing with appropriate gratitude and graciousness.

~ Everyone is beautiful and handsome on a wedding day. Everyone!

~ Wag more. Bark less. Huckleberry stole this from a car bumper sticker and it's true beyond measure.

We miss you, Huckleberry. So very much.

Love, Annemarie & Greg

No comments: