Sunday, January 02, 2011

Life Of A Seattle Wedding Officiant: Why I Would Love To Marry You And Why I Say "Check Others" Out...

Getting married - getting hitched - is a big huge deal.

When I meet with a couple, you won't find me "pitching a package" ~ i.e., the emerald package, the gold package, the pearl deal.

Instead, most often, when I meet with an engaged couple who is seeking an Officiant, I suggest that they meet with a number of Wedding Officiants.

Yes, I love this work that I do. And I love booking a couple for a wedding - especially one I am crazy about. Yet at the same time, I know one thing for sure. I'm the right Officiant for many couples and not the best choice for others.

Selecting an Officiant for a ceremony is a very personal decision and often a daunting decision for engaged guy and gal. When I meet with a couple, I don't arrogantly assume I'm the "right choice." I want a couple to talk or meet with a number of Officiants and to do their "selection homework." Then, when I am happily the best choice, I know that I have a couple who truly appreciates my personality, approach to this work and my heart and spunk. And I fully get that I am the best choice for them.

My thanks to Ann Pallesen for the gorgeous photo of her on her wedding day with a vintage camera. Photographer Sharlane Chase took this photo and it's one of my favorites - it's sweet, mystical and so very unique.

No comments: