Tuesday, April 03, 2012

The Use of Mementos In A Wedding Ceremony: Creating A Memorable Lifetime Ritual...

I love creating special lifetime moments.

When I work with a couple - no matter if the ceremony is formal, contemporary or casual - I look for a way to possibly incorporate a "take-home memento" into their ceremony.

The unity candle and the sand ceremony are beautiful rituals. And, in my opinion, they are over done. If a couple truly wants to incorporate one of these pieces into their ceremony, we do it.

However, most likely, I will invite a couple to consider another option or two that I will thoughtfully create and package for them as a viable option to the more "main stream" rituals in American wedding ceremony.

As you consider your ceremony, think about what ritual you may like to consider carrying forward into your marriage and create a ritual around it.

No comments: