Monday, June 12, 2006

Ryan & Lisa - A Fabulous Couple Who Forgot (yes, forgot!) Their Marriage License On Their Wedding Day!

I knew when I first met Ryan and Lisa that they were going to be one of my most memorable couples of last year and they didn't let me down. In addition to having one of the best "how we met stories," my dynamic duo forget their marriage license! Yes, forgot! I arrived at their wedding ceremony in Snohomish only to find that Lisa had left behind a piece of their marriage paperwork and I couldn't marry them with out. Thankfully, the wedding was at a private home and while their Best Man zoomed back to Lynnwood at record speed to get the needed documents, family and friends waited in anticipation.

Finally, our wedding start about an hour-and-a-half late - and a beautiful wedding it was. So, for me, the lesson learned is to request all of my couples to bring their marriage license to a rehearsal (if they have one) or to check in with the couple on the "day of" if there isn't a rehearsal. And Ryan and Lisa - you made me a promise to "have me back!" Take me up on it! Your Grateful Officiant and Friend, Annemarie.

No comments: