Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Sending Love, Prayers and Healing Wishes To My New Best Friend in Idaho...

Larry & Amanda Brothers, Compassion Advocates Extraordinaire!
Summer, 2007, Columbia Winery, Woodinville, WA


MY NEW BEST FRIEND IN IDAHO....

And in getting to know one of my couples for their upcoming July wedding, I have made a "new best friend" in Idaho. She is the Mother of one of my brides and was just recently diagnosed with stomach cancer. In this work that I do, everything is intimate - getting to know a couple, reflecting back a love story, taking care of family and friends during the emotional journey of all that is a wedding ceremony.

And for this year, I am holding my "new best friend" in Idaho in my thoughts and prayers as she takes on personal challenges - physically, emotionally and mentally.

And here is what I know for sure: I will be giving my "new best friend" in Idaho a great big hug on the afternoon of her daughter's wedding rehearsal on July 17th - and in the meantime, I invite you - a wonderful reader of this blog - to fly under the radar with me and anonymously adopt my "new best friend" in Idaho this year - sending her your prayer and best wishes. It's amazing what flying under the radar can do!

The amazing photo above: Photographers Dean Rutz and Karen Ducey

Please contact Dean and Karen at: karenducey@comcast.net or www.threedogweddings.com

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh that is so sad. My prayers are with her.

This hits really close to home, a family member of mine had breast cancer this year. Cancer is really scary.

Here's hoping all goes well.