Wednesday, March 05, 2008

COCKER SPANIEL "HONEY BEAR" - JUST LOOK AT THIS FACE!

The Story of "Honey Bear"
Rescued from a hell hole in January.
Adopted to a loving home in February.

A big part of my life is dog rescue and rehabilitation and I've been doing this work in Seattle for more than 15 years. My husband, Greg and I, have four dogs at our home/property on Bainbridge Island - and during the past couple of years, we have taken care of special needs dogs who have spent the their last months with us.

I was part of a team that rescued "Honey Bear" in January. We found her living in filth and neglect in a shed with a heat lamp. After getting her urgent veterinary care and grooming, we discovered the sweetest little cocker girl underneath all of her filth and mats. She was fostered by a loving couple for several weeks and adopted by a lovely woman named Amy. Amy and Honey Bear are living together in Port Orchard and best of all, Honey Bear goes to work every day with Amy and the two are practically joined at the hip!

So, on this chilly March evening as I am working to find a foster home for another rescued dog - I offer you Honey Bear's picture and story for no other reason than to share the joy I feel when a dog is released from suffering and is insured of love and kindness for the rest of it's life. Woof!

No comments: