Sunday, August 16, 2009

Celebrating Sean's Magnificent Spirit - Seattle Celebrant Sean Patrick O'Reilly

Sean's Last Wedding Ceremony ~ July 18, 2009
photo by: http://www.carolharroldphotography.com/

One of Seattle's finest Celebrants, Sean Patrick O'Reilly, unexpectedly passed away on July 22nd. When I got the call, I absolutely could not believe it. I was without words.

In so many ways, I looked up to Sean. I remember lunches and meetings in his offices where we shared "ceremony" stories and giggles (Sean was so full of joy). Sean created and delivered a wedding ceremony with the upmost care, spirit and personal touches.

As I work thru August, I am dedicating each wedding ceremony to Sean. Today, I am off to marry the marvelous Weston and Tanya at Gasworks Park and then will be at Parsons Garden for Ann and Chris's wedding ceremony.

Thank you, Sean. For giving me the opportunity to sit on the couch with you and share stories, to be inspired by the magic of your craft and for the laughter.

No comments: