Sunday, June 19, 2011

Your Handy Dandy Marriage License - Signing Options And What I Prefer...

You marriage license.

I can't marry you without it!

Couples are "split" on when to sign the marriage license and everyone has a personal preference. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to do this - it's totally up to you as a couple.

Like Jeff and Jessica to the right, they signed their license and legal paperwork immediately after their wedding ceremony a few weeks ago at the Hall at Fauntleroy.

Other couples prefer to sign documents at rehearsal or before a ceremony so that they have private/personal time together "after they are hitched."

Signing the documents at rehearsal is my personal preference.

I request that a couple brings their marriage license to rehearsal (so I have it - no forgetting on the wedding day) and if they like, we get appropriate signatures.

I do not sign anything until after a ceremony is fully officiated and witnessed. And of course, I file all appropriate legal paperwork so a couple doesn't have to hassle with this!

No comments: