Monday, January 15, 2007

What Our Beloved Dog, Ms. Aimee, Taught My Husband and Me About Love, Courage and Grrrr...."

Ms. Aimee, February 9, 1994 - January 5, 2007

My husband, Greg and I, lost our Aimee 10 days ago.

Beautiful Aimee came to us from neglect and abuse when she was about 2-3 years old. And she lived with us for 13 years.

Aimee was a ferocious little dog. She was a cocker spaniel/lhasa aphso mix and her big job was not only guarding us, but guarding the house. She loved her walks and car rides.

For me, Aimee brought much joy to my life. And she taught me so much about the courage to live, being protective and that several "grrrrrr's" a day are a very good thing.

In the rescue and rehabilitation work that I do with dogs, many animals have passed thru my life. Aimee was supposed to stay for a day or so and move on. That was 13 years ago. She passed peacefuly with grace and dignity after deteriorating from kidney disease and a tumor on her left hip.

I miss you, Aimee. So much.

With love forever,
Annemarie

No comments: