Monday, July 30, 2007

What Makes For A Wonderful And Authentic Wedding Ceremony? Imperfection...


John & Rebecca Ibsen, Married on July 5, 2007
Kiana Lodge, Poulsbo, WA
**Photo Courtesy of the wonderful Clare Marie:
_______________________________________
May I be blunt? In this work that I do, I see a lot of "behind the scenes stuff." And truly, what appears to be "true" in those perfect wedding magazines, usually isn't so. And who wants a perfect wedding day anyway?
It's the wedding day imperfections that are often the "icing on the cake" - literally! I work work with couples who are charming and laid-back, confident in their planning and who allow others to step in and take care of them for a day or weekend.
I also work with couples who micro-manage details and who are so over concerned about "getting things right" that they often miss out on the joy of an imperfect day - and the laughter and gleeful memories that accompany imperfection.
So, on a wedding day, embrace imperfection. Know that some details may not come together and that's darn okay.
This past weekend, I had six wonderful weddings with couples who were all truly marvelous. Cheers to: Andrea and Brandon, Reza and Jessica, Aubree and Kurt, Susie and Thom, Kimberly and Paul and my long-distance couple (the drive was worth it!) - John and Maggie!

No comments: