Friday, January 16, 2009

What I've Learned For Sure About "The Mother of the Groom"...


The Exchange of Rings - Brenda & Chris, Poulsbo, WA
beautiful photo: www.laurencekim.com
The Mother of the Groom. I've had the pleasure of meeting so many women whose sons are getting married. And interestingly enough, I'm not sure I know anything for sure about "the Mother of the Groom."
And so, I ponder this thought on this late Friday evening...
- Why do I occasionally feel that the Mother of the Groom seems to be pushed to the side with regard to wedding planning and her role in a wedding?
hmmmm....
As you are planning your wedding, consider that with all of the hoopla that goes with all things "wedding," to fully include your Mother of the Groom as appropriate. Shower her with emails, invite her to gatherings, give her a role in the ceremony beyond walking down the aisle. Consider using your wedding as a stepping stone to a deeper relationship with your Mother-in-Law to be - no matter what the status of your relationship - close and intimate, touchy and cautious, curious in all ways or inspiring in all ways!

No comments: